In this module we look at diseases that are spread by these three bloodborne pathogens HBV, HCB and HIV. It also discusses ways in which you can protect yourself against these pathogens.
Following completion of the material, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss the characteristics of three bloodborne pathogens – hepatitis B, hepatitis C and HIV
2. Identify how healthcare workers can be exposed to bloodborne pathogens at work
3. Describe how standard precautions can be used to decrease the risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens at work
4. Explain what healthcare workers should do if they are exposed to bloodborne pathogens at work
To access your course:
- Click on Add to Cart and proceed to Check Out.
- During the checkout stage you will be able to create an account (if you have a coupon code, add it here).
- After purchase, each participant will receive a course link via email.
- Follow the instructions in your email to your course page where the course(s) purchased will be visible.