Limited time only * Just pay the shipping
Pressure ulcers have been given many names – bedsores, skin ulcers, wounds, decubitus ulcers – but they all mean essentially the same thing. The important thing to understand is that the information in this book can help all these conditions.
WHO SHOULD BE READING THIS BOOK?
- You are a health care worker, care provider or support staff, and you want a comprehensive, easy to understand reference guide on all the issues.
- You are a health care professional and you want to help your patients understand and prevent pressure ulcers, or help in the healing process of existing pressure ulcers.
- Someone in your family has a pressure ulcer problem and you want to help
- You are at risk of developing a pressure ulcer and you want to prevent it from happening.
BENEFITS OF READING THIS BOOK
- You will understand why a person can be at risk of developing pressure ulcers.
- You can actually prevent a pressure ulcer from occurring.
- You can avoid costly treatments by taking preventive action when the first signs of a pressure ulcer become evident.
- You can speed the healing process of the pressure ulcer.
This book is for the health–worker, caregiver or patient, providing understanding as a catalyst to achieve treatment compliance. It is a practical guide to all the key preventive measures in line with the recent AHCPR guidelines. These guidelines are regarded as the benchmark for optimum prevention and treatment of pressure sores. There are a lot of interactive sections for personalizing treatment regimens, skin care records, prevention checklists and turning schedules.