Pain is unique to each person. Two people in the same situation may experience pain in a different way. For example, one client could have mild pain from an injury, whereas another client could have severe pain from the same type of injury. Pain can vary from one day to the next or from hour to hour. In nursing, pain is commonly considered to be whatever the person says it is.
Following completion of the material, participants will be able to:
1. Discuss four types of pain
2. Identify signs and symptoms of pain
3. Identify factors affecting pain
4. Discuss pain in older adults
5. Discuss pain in the client with dementia
6. Describe non-drug ways to manage pain and promote client comfort
To access your course:
- Click on Add to Cart and proceed to Check Out.
- During the checkout stage you will be able to create an account (if you have a coupon code, add it here).
- After purchase, each participant will receive a course link via email.
- Follow the instructions in your email to your course page where the course(s) purchased will be visible.