Mouth care is an important part of overall personal hygiene. When you assist clients with their personal care, you must also ensure that they receive good oral hygiene. The information in this module will increase your knowledge about how to assist your clients with oral hygiene.
Following completion of the material, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the meaning of oral hygiene
2. Identify risk factors for oral problems
3. Identify signs of potential oral problems
4. Describe routine oral care procedures for clients
5. Describe how to provide mouth care to the unconscious client
6. Describe care considerations when providing mouth care to clients with dementia
To access your course:
- Click on Add to Cart and proceed to Check Out.
- During the checkout stage you will be able to create an account (if you have a coupon code, add it here).
- After purchase, each participant will receive a course link via email.
- Follow the instructions in your email to your course page where the course(s) purchased will be visible.