As we age, we generally become less active. Our bodies, therefore, require less energy from food although we still need lots of nutrients. So the food we eat should be high in nutrients. This module tells you how to help older clients get the nutrients that they need to maintain or enhance their quality of life.
Upon completion of the module, participants will be able to:
1. Describe the basic components of a healthy diet for older adults.
2. Discuss nutritional challenges facing older adults.
3. Discuss strategies to encourage healthy eating among older adults.
4. Develop a basic meal plan for an older client.
To access your course:
- Click on Add to Cart and proceed to Check Out.
- During the checkout stage you will be able to create an account (if you have a coupon code, add it here).
- After purchase, each participant will receive a course link via email.
- Follow the instructions in your email to your course page where the course(s) purchased will be visible.