Healthcare workers who act assertively form positive relationships with clients and their families. They get along better with colleagues and supervisors. This course provides the key points to identify and improve upon your own assertiveness so that you can stand up for yourself, be confident, and say what you really want.
Following completion of material, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the meaning of assertiveness.
2. Explain the difference between assertive, non-assertive (passive), aggressive, and passive-aggressive behaviors.
3. Describe techniques that healthcare workers can use to develop assertiveness skills.
4. Describe the rights and responsibilities of assertive communication.
To access your course:
- Click on Add to Cart and proceed to Check Out.
- During the checkout stage you will be able to create an account (if you have a coupon code, add it here).
- After purchase, each participant will receive a course link via email.
- Follow the instructions in your email to your course page where the course(s) purchased will be visible.