As a healthcare worker, you need to know how you can help decrease the suffering of clients and families affected by HIV/AIDS. You also need to know how HIV spreads, how it is treated, how to lower your risk of exposure, and what to do if you are exposed to the virus. This educational module discusses these and other topics related to HIV/AIDS. It provides a basic overview of important issues.
Following completion of material, participants will be able to:
1. Explain the difference between HIV and AIDS.
2. Describe ways to prevent the spread of HIV in personal and work life.
3. Describe proper post-exposure follow-up.
4. Describe how to recognize early symptoms of HIV infection
5. Identify strategies healthcare workers can use to assist clients with HIV/AIDS
To access your course:
- Click on Add to Cart and proceed to Check Out.
- During the checkout stage you will be able to create an account (if you have a coupon code, add it here).
- After purchase, each participant will receive a course link via email.
- Follow the instructions in your email to your course page where the course(s) purchased will be visible.