Some clients will require assistance with their meals due to overall weakness, paralysis, or confusion. Others may be able to feed themselves, but will need help to prepare their meal trays. As a caregiver, you can have a major impact on a client’s nutrition by knowing how to provide assistance and encouragement at mealtime.
Following completion of material, participants will be able to:
1. Identify common feeding problems.
2. Describe strategies to overcome these feeding problems.
3. Identify steps for feeding a client.
4. Identify ways to promote independence when eating.
5. Identify signs of dysphagia.
6. Discuss feeding techniques for clients with dysphagia.
To access your course:
- Click on Add to Cart and proceed to Check Out.
- During the checkout stage you will be able to create an account (if you have a coupon code, add it here).
- After purchase, each participant will receive a course link via email.
- Follow the instructions in your email to your course page where the course(s) purchased will be visible.
There are no reviews yet.