~THESE BOOKS ARE NEEDED NOW!~
The facts are clear:
• Boomers will end up spending 17 years caring for a child and 18 years caring for an aging parent.
• 3 million Canadians are caregivers to family members.
• A US study estimates that families devote 20 hours a week to caregiving and spend about $5,500 on related costs.
• 64% of caregivers of the elderly also have full-time jobs.
• 2/3 of working caregivers report conflicts of rearranging work schedules, work fewer than normal hours and/or take unpaid leaves of absence.
WHO ARE THESE BOOKS FOR?
The spectrum of reader includes health workers, caregivers, seniors, residential home guests, boomers with elderly parents – in fact, anyone wanting straightforward, easy-to-understand information on a particular elder care topic.
In an easy-to-read format, the books cover “need to know” information such as symptoms, risk factors, treatment options, prevention, self help and care tips, statistics, emotions and important checklists.
WHY TRUST THESE BOOKS?
Since 2002, Mediscript publications have been proven to be trusted, reliable, certified, and compliant with regulatory bodies and accreditation organizations.
They are written by a group of nurse educators originally for use with health workers to ensure effective training and compliance with regulatory bodies, ensuring excellent patient/client quality care. The books are subject to editorial review by an advisory board of health care professionals.
Need more? See below description for a preview.
Each e-book is between 40-80 pages long and includes interactive quizzes and activities to engage the reader/patient. For the medical professional, these books can be seen as part of a treatment adjunct ensuring patient compliance. As with most Mediscript publications, inside you’ll find the following:
- an overview of relevant symptoms
- self help tips
- generic preventive information
- important lifestyle issues
- self assessment sections
- explanation of treatment options
- lists of further resources.
After purchasing, you’ll be able to find your books in your confirmation page and will also be available to download as many times as you need (if you have created an account) in your account dashboard under the “downloads” tab.
If you have any questions, or problems downloading any files, don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Preview of one of our titles: