Elder abuse occurs in all cultures, societies, and countries. About one and a half million older adults in the United States are abused every year. This module provides an introduction and overview to the distressing issue of elder abuse in health care facilities and family environments with a focus on prevention, avoidance and speaking out.
Following completion of material, participants will be able to:
1. Describe risk factors for elder abuse.
2. Describe the different types of elder abuse.
3. Identify the signs and symptoms of elder abuse
4. Discuss abuse in the healthcare setting.
5. Identify ways to help prevent elder abuse.
To access your course:
- Click on Add to Cart and proceed to Check Out.
- During the checkout stage you will be able to create an account (if you have a coupon code, add it here).
- After purchase, each participant will receive a course link via email.
- Follow the instructions in your email to your course page where the course(s) purchased will be visible.