This introductory course has been designed to provide an overview of Alzheimer’s disease (AD) and to increase your understanding of how to provide quality care to clients with the condition. While primarily focused on professional health care workers, this course can also be an invaluable guide to friends and families of those suffering from AD.
Following completion of material, participants will be able to:
1. State two major risk factors for Alzheimer’s disease
2. Identify three warning signs for Alzheimer’s disease
3. Discuss common symptoms as the disease advances
4. Discuss basic approaches to caring for a client with Alzheimer’s disease (general care, communications, bathing, toileting, mealtime, safety).
To access your course:
- Click on Add to Cart and proceed to Check Out.
- During the checkout stage you will be able to create an account (if you have a coupon code, add it here).
- After purchase, each participant will receive a course link via email.
- Follow the instructions in your email to your course page where the course(s) purchased will be visible.