The One Page Summary…
What are Dr. Guide Books?
The Dr. Guide books are a series of unique, low-cost books that impart key health educational messages designed to empower patients and consumers towards sound self care behaviors.
Difficult technical terms are pronounced and explained. The Dr. Guide books are aimed at the lay person and act often as the voice for medical professionals who sometimes do not have the time to explain everything in detail.
Health topics are covered comprehensively and include the following:
- an overview of relevant symptoms
- self help tips
- generic preventive information
- important lifestyle issues
- self assessment sections
- explanation of treatment options
- lists of further resources.
The Dr. Guide books are practical and interactive, containing space to personalize information, making them somewhat like workbooks.
The major premise behind The Dr. Guide books are the fact that the body is a powerful self healer and the individual can learn to help him or herself. The books work in parallel with the medical team encouraging adherence to treatment.
Why customize these books?
Personalization is an added service we do that has a two pronged effect:
- It helps the doctor or healthcare propfessional promote their practice, while saving them time in unnecessary and prolonged discussions, phone calls and emails by providing your patient with the necessary tools to encourage sound self care
- It helps the patient by aiding in retention by tailoring the books contents specifically to them in a way that is both empowering and motivating.